MOVING TOWARDS WELLNESS THROUGH LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT

Hello Everbody, Wellness is the ability to live life fully, with vitality and meaning. Wellness is dynamic and multidimensional :it incorporates physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, interpersonal and environmental dimensions. People today have greater control over, and Greater responsibility for, their health than ever before. Behaviours that promote wellness include being physically active, choosing a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy body weight, managing stress all the time, avoiding use of tobacco and drinking alcohol wisely, if at all and protecting oneself from diseases and injury.

Although heredity, environment and health care all play roles in wellness and disease, behaviour can mitigate their effects. Understanding and knowledge about topics in wellness and about yourself is necessary to begin making changes in behaviour. Observations by others and landmark events can help get people started on change. Strong motivation to change and an internal control are keys to successful behaviour change. It is best to concentrate on one target behaviour at a time.

A specific plan for change can be developed by:
* Monitoring behaviour by keeping a record
* Analyzing the recorded data.
* Setting specific goals
* Devising strategies for modifying the environment, rewarding yourself, and involving others
* Making a personal contract.


To start and maintain a behaviour change programmes you need commitment, a well -developed and manageable plan, social support and a system of rewards. It is also important to monitor the progress of your programme, revising it as necessary. Look at a sample behaviour change contract.

Title

My personal contract for Giving up dirty environment. I agree to stop not cleaning my environment.i will sweep everyday. I will begin my cleaning programme on March 1st 2020 and plan to reach my final goal by March 1st 2021.i have divided my programme into two parts, with two separate goals. For each step in my programme, I will give myself the reward listed.

1. I will stop having dirty environment everyday. Reward :physical activity 2 I will stop having dirty environment every month.Reward: eating balanced diet. I understand that it is important for me to make a strong personal effort to make this change in my behaviour. I signed this contract as an indication of my personal commitment to reach my goal.

Adebajo Tobi Witness: Ogunsakin Deji My Question for you.

Do we agreed to have behaviour change plan.


Yes /No.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE CAMPAIGN

YOUR FITNESS YOUR HEALTH